West Sussex County Council - Waste Prevention Team
Can you make a difference and help create a better environment for your community? Do you want to improve your CV? Do you have the talent to inspire others? Come and join us in encouraging the residents of West Sussex to think more widely about reducing, reusing and recycling waste!
As a Waste Prevention Advisor Volunteer, you’ll engage with a diverse range of people, demonstrating genuine commitment to protecting the environment regarding waste prevention.
This rewarding opportunity involves:
• Working with the Waste Prevention Team to deliver initiatives across the county
• Assisting at local events, fairs, festivals, and promotions.
• Speaking to members of the public about waste prevention initiatives
• Taking on the challenge of sharing your skills and knowledge
• Educating West Sussex residents by becoming a Recycling Champion to raise awareness of why recycling right and reducing waste is important (a great addition to your CV!)
- Good organisational skills
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to work with a range of promotional materials
- IT literate (basic)
- Presentation skills (training will be provided)
- Ability to inspire people and establish credibility
- Able to maintain basic written records
Copyright 2023 Crawley Community Action. Powered by Volunteer Plus
Registered Charity No. 1094699 / Company No. 4488714