Crawley Community Garden
We have 3 ethos and 3 schemes:
1. To provide opportunities to support people's overall well-being (through space to socialise/connect with others in the community whilst growing and harvesting fruit and veg together).
2. Sharing and building sustainable knowledge.(that supports important local/community led growing and harvesting).
3. Connect with and be part of nature/reconnect with nature (there are many theraputic benefits to being outside and reconnecting in this way).
Our 3 schemes
1. Maidenbower Junior School Community Sensory Garden Project (in collaboration with Crawley Bee Wild)
2. Eds 'No dig' method at the CCYS allotment in Gossops Green (helped there last year and gained some valuable knowledge and skills). This is now our mini base to work on and our current project.
3. To build eventhally have a base for Crawley Community Garden within Bewbush Adventure Playground (hopefully sometime in 2023 ?).
We also have ambition to eventually have multiple community gardens in different areas in Crawley, however we need many volunteers in each area of Crawley and a strong core team to make that possible.
Our main aim at our current allotment site in Gossops Green is that you come and do as little or as much as you like at the allotment whilst enjoying the outside space
No skills required.
Can learn many new skills like 'no dig' methods that we're trying to learn and carry out at the allotment
We welcome people with no gardening skills, whilst also appreciating volunteers with gardening skills and experience to share with others, or who may want to learn/be part of our 'no dig' journey.
We alternate Sat and Sun, once a week throughout summer/warmer months and once a fortnight through colder months. Once we have Bewbush properly up and running we hope to include weekday opportunities too.