Happy Baby Community
At Happy Baby Community, we provide safe and resilient communities for pregnant women and women with young children who have fled war, violence and traffickers and are seeking asylum in the UK. We want to make sure we protect and empower each other, through shared knowledge and understanding. We meet to learn from one another and to feel strong and supported - able to work, study, volunteer, and help others in need.
We are looking for female childcare volunteers to join our vibrant community!
This particular role is to help run the children’s program. It is desired, although not essential, for volunteers to have experience in childcare, providing activities and sessions for children ages 0-5. The children’s activities could be storytelling, song or dance time, crafts, or just general playtime with the children. Volunteers will also need to set up and tidy away after each session.
We are looking for volunteers interested in making a regular weekly commitment of around 3 hours from 10am-1pm every Monday for our mothers and babies group in Crawley. This group serves as a safe space for mothers with babies and pregnant mums to access our services, which include perinatal support, children's activities, yoga and dance classes, practical support, and more.
What do we offer our volunteers?
- A vibrant working culture
- Strong connections and support system
- Valuable work experience with a diverse and vulnerable community
- A professional reference after 6 months
- Travel expenses paid in cash each week
- Ongoing training and development opportunities
In order to apply, please email email@example.com for an application form. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing from you soon!
- Be a 'get-up-and-go' type of person as well as being eager and having a caring attitude
- Be creative and imaginative
- Be a first-rate communicator and have a talent to interact with the children and your colleagues
- Able to work on your own initiative and as an effective member of your team
- Patient and calm, even in noisy or challenging situations
- Understand the needs of the particular children you are working with
- Understand child development
- Have a responsible and positive outlook
- Willing to undergo required training and any ongoing personal and professional development
Location specifics will be provided after successful volunteer onboarding